Hi, do you love yourself the way you should? if not start now and continue forever. I have mentioned few ways in which you can use mindfulness and gratitude in your life
What is that one thing you do only to love yourself?
So what if you are a parent, a homemaker or an office goer, you have full right to spend at least an hour and do something that you like
Choose a hobby or just hang out with your friend.
You can listen to music, bake a cake, sing a song, dance on a beat, take a stroll in the garden or go for a short drive alone. You have full right to spend that 60 minutes in a day the way you want. In all the above activity one can use mindfulness. If you have a close friend you can catch up with her and have a nice chat. Try to meet rather then talking over the phone or doing a WhatsApp chat.
Why should you love yourself?
It’s very simple, if your mind is happy you will transpire that happiness to others around you especially your kids. Just like you charge the battery of your phone same way you must charge your own battery too.
When you get mentally drained then charge your mind and if you are physically drained then charge your body.
I am sure you know what makes you happy and if you do it on a regular basis then you won’t have to be dependent on others for your contentment.
Mindfulness is one of the mediums to charge your mind
If you are really busy and cannot understand what to do then you can choose mindfulness as one of the best mediums to relax and be happy.
Mindfulness in simple words means to be in conscious state of mind and enjoy the present.
Since today is Valentine’s Day let’s see what can you use mindfulness to love yourself.
- You can listen to a nice song and sing along with singer. Download the lyrics and sing along
- If you feel like spending some money then go out and shop something just for you. It can be a small gift for yourself
- You can sit and pen down all the qualities that you love about yourself
- Go to a nearby garden and take a stroll for 30 minutes. Look at the colour of the plants and trees. Listen to the sound of chirping birds and stare at the beautiful flowers
- Change the colour of your nail polish and apply it mindfully
- Comb your hair and admire yourself for few minutes
- Cook your favorite recipe with full focus, enjoy the fragrance, taste, the texture, the amazing colours and listen to all the sounds while cooking. Optimize all your five senses
- Switch on the music and dance gracefully
- Just go ahead and pamper yourself in a conscious way
- Read your favorite book and the list goes on
But don’t sit on a couch and keep start checking forwards.
Gratitude and love yourself
First and foremost is to start counting your blessings. You must feel gratitude and thank all those things that you have in life, be it two eyes to see, two legs to walk etc. Avoid comparison with anyone around. You must believe that you are the best mother or father. Self compassion is the key to love yourself. Start it now and continue forever.
If you keep cribbing about small things around you what you will attract is negativity.
Relax your mind for sometime
I know as a parent you want a disciplined child. You all desire to have a perfect child who can be all rounder, organized and excel in academics but every time it’s not possible. It’s alright if your child wants to take certain decisions on his own. May be if he wants to wear a red pyjamas underneath yellow t-shirt when at home. There might be a possibility that you don’t like that combination but you can allow him to wear sometime.
The idea is why to burn your energy behind something when you know it’s doesn’t matter much nor does it harm you or your child.
You must have noticed that your child is very happy to live his in his present and probably you are worked up thinking about his future.
Try to be just like your child for sometime of the day and live in today instead of thinking too much about future.
Focus on your well being and love yourself
“The time is running tick tock tick
Either you are catching a bus or a rick.
You are just moving at a fast pace,
As if there is some important race.
Hey beautiful, yes you! Stop,
So what if you have not reached at the top.
Breathe some fresh air
Brush your fingers on those lovely hairs.
Take a moment to smile,
And do live in your own style.
Sometimes it’s alright to think about thyself
You must also Love yourself now and forever”